Ever had that depressed feeling because stuff is overwhelming and God doesn't feel very close? Yeah. :) I decided I was tired of that feeling tonight and needed to be reminded of Truth. So I did a word search on Biblegateway for "faithful" and I found 5 pages of references! Somehow, I even doubt that was all of the "faithfulness" in the Bible. Here's a few that spoke the most to me, just in case you're in need of the same medicine tonight...
God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.
~ 1 Corinthians 1:9
Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.
~ 1 Thessalonians 5:24
He that is faithful in that which is least is faithful also in much: and he that is unjust in the least is unjust also in much.
~ Luke 16:10
Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;)
~ Hebrews 10:23
In light of these verses...
I will sing of the mercies of the Lord for ever: with my mouth will I make known thy faithfulness to all generations.
~Psalms 89:1
God is faithful and thus His Truth can combat any situation you face...and remembering that gives me a fresh start to focus on my homework again. :P
No comments:
Post a Comment