Monday, September 30, 2013

Words of comfort and good advice...

(Thank you to the people who wrote me here at college with these words...they were incredibly appreciated...)

I tell you the truth, you will weep and mourn while the world rejoices. You will grieve, but your grief will turn to joy. ... So with you: now is your time of grief, but I will see you again and you will rejoice, and no one will take away your joy.  ~ John 16:20,22

Even to your old age and grey hairs I am He, I am He who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you.  ~ Isaiah 46:4

When anxiety was great within me, Your consolation brought joy to my soul.  ~ Psalm 94:19

Find rest, oh my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from Him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; He is my fortress, I will not be shaken.  ~ Psalm 62:5-6

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.  ~ Jeremiah 29:11-12

This is the reason we do not give up. Our human body is wearing out, but our spirits are getting stronger every day.  ~ 2 Corinthians 4:16

...there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother.  ~ Proverbs 18:24

A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.  ~ Proverbs 17:17

"You never get over losing a loved one, but you can get through it."

"Keep your head high, and don't forget to laugh until your sides hurt every once in a while."

"It's God's turn to watch over his life and teach and show him unearthly beauty that we will all discover one day."

"...love travels from Heaven to earth through God so it doesn't end between you and him just because he isn't physically here now."

"It hurts, but keep loving because although that's what causes the most hurt in death, it also creates the most joy in life."


I can't pretend to be fine all the time. It's a struggle to live a normal life while missing a dear one every second. It is for everyone. But we can take comfort in knowing that God has a plan for us and this was a part of it... Course, putting head knowledge into practice is never easy. That's for sure. :) I think I found something that I was missing though. "There is a friend that sticks closer than a brother." I needed to remember that fact and grab hold onto it and never let it go...



No comments:

Post a Comment