2013 was quite an eventful year for me personally. You'd think with a number like "13" in it, none of it could be good. But, amazingly, it was one of the best years of my life so far. Why? Well here's some reasons:
I turned "legal".
I graduated highschool!
I had the blessing to volunteer at the funnest special needs camp ever.
I ran a gubernatorial campaign in less than a week.
I saw old friends and made new friends.
I made some of the most difficult decisions in my life yet.
I started college!
I said the hardest goodbye I have ever had to say.
I learned that God's strength really is sufficient for any weakness of mine and His grace surpasses anything I could ever have imagined.
I made a new sister AND a new brother. Well. Minus the same DNA part. :)
I discovered that no matter how happy you were or how much you want to, you can't go backwards in time.
It's been an interesting year, and one I will definitely never forget. But what about 2014? What do I have to look forward to this year? I'm excited to find out! One thing I've learned, when you're walking with Jesus, life gets exciting. That's just one of the hazards.
Everybody makes "new year resolutions", but they've never made sense to me. Technically, you should constantly be endeavoring to grow closer to Christ and "be a better person" (to quote the world), right? Well, this year I'm making one and you all bear witness to it. :) Have you ever noticed how the book of Esther in the Bible never mentions or names God even once? And yet, reading through it, He is seen in every detail of the plot! How incredible is that?! So here is my resolution. This year especially, (and technically for the rest of my life) I endeavor to make my life like that book. I want to be so "sold out" on Christ that the world can see Him in my life without me even having to name Him. I want to live up to the meaning of my name and shine like a star in the darkness. Ok, so I guess it really is more of a life goal than a new year's resolution; but you have to admit it's a worthy goal. Y'all will have to help keep me on track. :) That's what friends are for, right?
Happy second day of 2014, everyone. I pray your lives are exponentially blessed this newborn year.
No comments:
Post a Comment