Once again, I was reading my book The Valley of Vision, and was blown away by the depth of these puritan's doctrines. This time it was a prayer to Christ of His sacrificial love for us, and a comparison of Him to us:
I think of Thy glory and my vileness,
Thy majesty and my meanness,
Thy beauty and my deformity,
Thy purity and my filth,
Thy righteousness and my iniquity.
And because of His heart to us in His birth, His agony, His suffering, His resurrection, and His intercession; we can be bold and valiant in His power and for His glory! So with this puritan writer I pray:
Thou hast loved me everlastingly, unchangeably,
may I love Thee as I am loved;
Thou hast given thyself for me,
may I give myself to Thee;
Thou hast died for me,
may I live to Thee,
No comments:
Post a Comment