Thursday, December 5, 2013

the call of my namesake...

It's a moonless night, quiet and clear.
The air is crisp; the sky is near.
The thermometer says "negative eight".
My nose says "cold"; my mind says "late".

I head inside to get ready for bed,
For my brain is tired and my eyelids are lead.
But of course my heart isn't sleepy at all;
The night is inviting and the stars call.

So I throw on my boots and my warm winter jacket.
I rush outside making quite a racket
As my boots break the layer of ice on the snow;
And my heart sings a version of "do, mi, re, do".

The stars make me laugh, put a smile on my face.
There's a peace in my heart that I can't quite place.
I'm spinning in circles, gazing far far above;
Getting drunk on starlight is the thing that I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment